Slimming Down Without Dieting!
7 Tips to Losing Weight Without Neurotically Counting Calories
One of the top New Year’s resolutions is to lose weight. How many times have you had this resolution? Here are some tips for losing weight, without dieting! Sounds crazy? Well, check out the tips, give them a try and see for yourself!
1. Set the timer– Set your timer for 20 minutes and learn to eat slowly. Your last bite should be taken when the buzzer sounds. 20 minutes is how long it takes for your brain to get the signal that you’re full. If you eat faster than that, you wind up eating more than you should!
2. Sleep more, weigh less– Many studies have shown that getting less than 7 or 8 hours of sleep per night revs up one’s appetite. If you’re sluggish, you wind up using food to try to give yourself that pick-me-up. Usually, it’s in the form of sugar!
3. Eat more veggies– Make vegetables the biggest portion on your plate. Have a variety, not just one and eat them first! The fiber in veggies gives you a full feeling with less calories!
4. Keep your eye on the prize– Hang your skinny jeans, fitted cocktail dress or tight sweater in a place where you see it every day. It will serve as your reminder that you have a goal!
5. Watch what you drink– Do you always put sugar in your coffee? How many cocktails do you drink per week?-BE HONEST! Do you drink Gatorade or fruit juice? Look at the sugar content in those drinks, and you might be surprised! Stick with sugar-free, healthy drinks like herbal teas and water with lemon, and you will save yourself plenty of calories!
6. Shrink your dishes– Go ahead, play mind games! Try a 10″ plate over the usual 12″. Studies have shown that you save 100-200 calories with smaller plates. That can save you 10-20 pounds per year!
7. Go meatless more often– eating vegetarian meals is more slimming. Try to skip meat 1-2 days per week and see how it affects your waistline!Share