5 Weight Loss Tips
1. Eat breakfast every morning. Eating breakfast 30-40 minutes after rising helps to jump start your metabolism. Plus, it gives you the energy you need to start the day. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast actually lose weight, compared to those who don’t. For those who skip breakfast, you usually wind up eating more at lunch or grabbing a sweet to give you a pick-me-up due to low blood sugar.
2. Eat every 2-3 hours. It may seem like eating a lot, but the key is eating small meals throughout the day, instead of 3 huge meals because you’ve waited too long in between meal times.
3. Don’t give up your favorite foods. This is where people tend to backslide. If you completely deprive yourself of things you enjoy, there’s a greater chance of having a break-down and gorging yourself on all the things you missed. Just remember to eat those treats in moderation. If you eat poorly one day, eat healthy the next few days.
4. Avoid late-night eating. It takes roughly 6 hrs. to fully digest a meal. If you eat at 10 p.m. and then fall asleep, your digestion doesn’t get a chance to work properly, plus, you don’t have an opportunity to burn as many of those calories if you’re sleeping. The later you eat dinner, the lighter your dinner should be.
5. Get enough sleep! Studies show that those getting a full 8 hrs. sleep per night, compared to those who get only 5-6 hrs. of sleep, had a greater weight loss. Your body can’t function properly if you don’t have enough rest. Sleeping too little literally diminishes the body’s ability to burn calories!Share